Drilling Waste Field Consultant
Wellsite Environmental Inc. (WEI) is currently looking for Drilling Waste Field Consultant’s in the following areas:
· Grande Prairie, Alberta
· Brooks-Medicine Hat, Alberta
The successful candidate will be working closely with the WEI Drilling Waste Management group managing field operations within the specified areas.
· A minimum two year diploma in the environmental sciences. This may be waived depending on the experience of the applicant in the Drilling Waste Management field.
· Possess at minimum current and valid:
o First Aid Certificate
o H2S Alive
o Driver’s license and clean abstract
o Set up as a registered company
o Business Insurance
o WCB in good standing
· A good working knowledge of the AER Directive 050.
· Proficient in using computers and Microsoft office, specifically EXCEL.
· Local experience would be an asset in this position
· Possess the following required equipment to complete Drilling Waste Management duties:
o All required PPE
o Well maintained and reliable 4x4.
· Be a self-motivated individual who does not need to be micromanaged.
· Critical thinker
· Possess exemplary interpersonal skills.
· Drilling Waste Management and Supervision
· Arrange and acquire suitable land and water sources for well location.
Sample and analyze receiving soils used for drilling fluid disposal and maintain relations with landowners.
Sample and analyze water for use in drilling.
Sample and analyze drilling fluids as required and supervise Landspraying operations.
Maintain communication with rig personnel and related services.
Prepare and submit Drilling Waste Management reports.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.