Pre-Disturbance Environmental Services
- Standard Pre-Disturbance Assessment (PDA)– Prior to construction of leases, access roads and pipelines we can perform a standard field assessment for the project that focuses on providing an accurate soils assessment to assist construction activities and future reclamation efforts. A vegetation assessment and a site description are included in this assessment to provide a general site overview prior to disturbance. Our standard PDA includes a nine point soils assessment on the proposed lease site with one soil point for every 100m of access road. Based on client request we can increase sampling to a 16 or 25 point survey on leases. A summary PDA report with construction recommendations is provided to the client.
- Siting and Routing – In the preliminary stages of planning a project we can assist in selecting a location for your development that will result in less regulatory hurdles. Typically one of our qualified technicians with a background in regulatory guidelines, wetlands and wildlife training would accompany the construction coordinator and or survey crew during the initial site selection stages. By identifying wetlands and other environmental concerns during the siting and routing stage we can eliminate the need for wetland assessments and non-standard well applications prior to final site selection. This value added service can stream line a project and reduce approval times and environmental costs by selecting a site that will have less environmental concerns. In the event that a site does have outstanding concerns we will provide recommendations and outline regulatory needs early in the process to assist in gaining approval for the site.
- Desktop Reviews – If a field assessment is not requested we can complete a comprehensive desktop review including FWMIS, LAT Report, GLIMPS, ACIMS, HRV, aerial imagery review and an AGRISID soils summary. Any potential issues found during the desktop review will be reported as well as any recommended field work.
- Wildlife Surveys – Wildlife surveys include a complete review of wildlife LAT layers and a FWMIS request to the regional Wildlife Biologist to identify any known wildlife concerns in the vicinity of a proposed project. Then a detailed field assessment of the location is completed to determine the presence of any species of concerns and/or key habitat features.
- Pre-Construction Wildlife Sweeps – During the migratory birds Restricted Activity Period (RAP) we can conduct a sweep of the proposed location prior to construction to identify any nesting birds or other wildlife concerns. This should be completed within seven days of construction activities in areas with potential nesting habitat or other wildlife concerns to be compliant with the Migratory Birds Act.
- Spill Management – We can assist you with the overall management of your spill sites. Services include reporting, confirmatory sampling, management of clean up and any required regulatory consultation.